Anyone who knows me know I love macaroni and cheese. Its one of my favorite things to make. My grandma made it for me all the time when I was a kid. One day I wanted to make it but did not have the recipe and I called my mom. She had my late grandmothers recipe and was glad to share it with me. I love it so much that I even messed with it and made a perfect crock pot recipe to go with it. I hope you enjoy it!
1-12 to 13 oz can of evaporated milk
1 ½ of milk
1 stick of butter
2 bags of shredded cheese (whatever kind you wish. I like sharp cheddar)
Salt and Pepper
16 oz box of elbow pasta
- Same instructions as the Crock pot but instead of one can of evaporated milk you will use two cans and no regular milk
- Cook for 20 minutes or until brown on top on 320 degrees
For Crock pot
- Cook pasta as directed on box (Salt the water while you boil elbows for better taste.)
- Pour milk and evaporated milk can in Crock pot
- Pour half of pasta in Crock pot and cover with one bag of cheese and salt to taste.
- Repeat step 3
- Cut stick of butter in to 5 squares and put on in the center and two on both ends of the Crock pot
- Cover and put on low and let it cook for 2 to 3 hours.
For a little kick add a few pinches of ground mustard for and extra tangy taste!