HAPPY NEW YEAR READERS!!!!!
I can’t believe that this blog is on its third year! Wow! Where has the time gone. I know that there has been some breaks here and there but really you guys have been there since the first post and I can’t thank you enough!
So here we are! 2014! I can’t believe we made it! Where am I today? I am stuck at the office working or should be working. I just wanted to take some time and share some hopes and dreams that I hope to accomplish in the year 2014. I want 2014 to be a year of change and a year of endless possibilities. I want to see new things and meet some new people. Here is my list of things I hope for in 2014.
- To eat an apple a day- I already started doing this and I have to say that it makes a big difference. Sometimes I eat two a day just to give me some extra energy for my workouts.
- Run my first 5K- This is my big goal for 2014 cause I have now been running for two months and I love it. I need to take my new hobby to another level. I run 5ks on the treadmill at least 3 times a week but I am going to wait until fall to make this goal a reality so I can go from 32 minutes to under 26 minutes.
- Be active- I have been active now for the last months of 2013 and I have to say it makes a huge difference. I have taken my workouts to another level from running to now weightlifting, biking, and swimming. As long as I break some kind of sweat everyday in 2014, I will be ok with that.
- Travel- I want to go somewhere that I have never been before this year. If it is a beach or a new city, I just want to experience a new set of scenery this year.
- Pay off my credit cards- I don’t have a lot of debit but I would like to pay these 3 cards off and keep them that way.
- Save more money- It never hurts to save a little more. I want to set a goal that is obtainable, and if I reach it, then set another one.
- Spend time with my wife and daughter- I want to be there with my family more and share some memories with them. I want to go on dates with my wife and spend afternoons at the park with K-Dub. She is only going to be small for so long.
- Laugh more- That goes with one above but I want to try to not be so serious and let things bother me. Laughing them off is the only way to see the humor in every situation.
- Drink more wine- That is always a goal but I really like wine and I always say every year that I never get to drink enough.
- Be more uncomfortable- I want to go to places and experience things that I don’t normally do. I want to try skiing, go to jazz bar, go camping, and even try deep-sea fishing.
As you can see there is a lot that I want to do this year. I know that some of these will be hard to accomplish but I am game to get them done. The only thing I can do is give it my best. So here is to a great 2014. Bring it on!!