Ever since I made potato soup during that crazy snow storm, I have had a lot of people ask me for the recipe. So I decided to post it on the blog for everyone to see. I am always in a hurry so instead of using baking potatoes, I like to save time by getting a bag of frozen cubed hash browns. I also like to save myself a mess and use microwave bacon instead of frying it in a skillet. Also, I try to make it a little healthier by using light sour cream and reduced fat cheese. Enjoy!
1 bag of frozen cubed hash browns
8 oz of light sour cream
1 bag of reduced fat cheddar cheese
5 cups of whole milk
1 package of mircowave bacon
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup of flour
1. In a stock pot melt one stick of butter on about med heat
2. Add flour while stirring with a wisk. Stir for about 1 minute until mixture is brown.
3. While stirring, add milk and continue stirring for about 2 minutes or until thick.
4. Slowly add frozen hash browns and bring pot to a boil.
5. Once to a boil, bring pot to simmer and add sour cream and half bag of cheese.
6. Cook bacon as directed. Once cooked you can either add it in the pot or keep out to garnish later.