I have to say that I am always trying to find a new way to workout these days. If it is only a 30 minute workout and I break a sweat then I know it’s a good night. I have to say that I have also has to adjust my food in take, the types of food I intake, and the amount and time I consumer water. It can be really stressful at times but I have to say that I am starting to adjust to life as a fit dad.
I was on my phone over the weekend and I happen to be looking around in the App Store. I do consider myself to be on top of my tech info and I always try to stay on track when new technology comes out. I found some really awesome fitness apps that I downloaded to help me. Here are just a few:
- Healthy Out– This app tells me the restaurants in my area, and based on my eating preferences, it gives me a list of things to eat that are good for me. No more guess-work when eating out!
- iDrated– This lets me know to drink water by alerting me when its time to fill up.
- Human– Helps and motivates me to be active for just 30 minutes a day. Anything extra is a bonus!
- Pedometer++– I love this app and it shows me how many steps a day I take a day and I can even set a goal.
- To Bed– Based on when I need to get up for work, this app tells me when to start heading to bed to get a good night sleep.
- Sleep Cycle– This app measure how I sleep.
- UP Coffee– Lets me know how much caffeine I am consuming and how it will affect my sleep.
- Six Pack Abs– My pocket ab workout.
- Gain Yoga– For those days where I can’t make it to yoga class
- Quick 4– Makes getting a last-minute workout before bed a lot easier.
I know it may seem like a lot of apps to keep up with but they are really not that hard. Most of them run in the background and make my life better. I have combined them with my usual exercise routine and I have already found a huge difference.
Last night, BrittWhitFun and I worked out together. It was fun and relaxing. We did yoga, cardio and abs together. There is nothing like working out with your wife. My wife is a champ! Tonight I hope to go for a run. I need to get back to my race training. I have been really slack on it this week and I hope it does not affect me too bad. My next race is only three weeks away!