I have really been into healthy eating lately (I know that is a shock!). So I have recently came across this app called fit men cook. How come no one has told me about this amazing app?
I came across this recipe and I was excited and curious to see how this would taste. I love lasagna but I never had it with zucchini as the noodles.
One of the things I was not excited about was the cottage cheese taking the place of the ricotta. I HATE cottage cheese! I do know that it has tons and tons of protien which is what I love! So I bought some to see if it made a difference.
Once we took it out of the oven and put it in to a plate, I took a bite and WOW! This was amazing! You would never know there was cottage cheese in this. I looked at my wife and we both agree that this will be in the next meal prep!
- 1lb of ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups of low sodium marinara
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 onion
- 1 tbsp garlic paste( I used minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella reduced fat cheese
- Coconut or olive oil spray
- Seasonings- cumin, garlic powder, & onion powder for ground turkey.
- Spray pan with oil and add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add turkey and seasonings and cook. Add marinara at 90% of cooking turkey.
- Cut zucchini into pieces
- Mix cottage cheese with egg white
- In a glass pan layer with zucchini, then meat mixture, then cottage cheese, then zucchini, then meat mixture.
- Top with mozzarella
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings- 1 serving