#Merica- The American 4 Miler Recap

So I know I am a little late with this recap as I usually get these out a couple of days after the race but things have been crazy. I have to say that this race was a great event and an excellent “welcome back to running” race.

I had not properly prepared myself for this race. This meaning that I have focused more on crossfit then anything else. Soon I realized that I had a race in two weeks and I have not ran since Mother’s Day. Crazy right? So going into this event I was worried that I was going to loose everything I have worked so hard to earn, which is a little scary.

The night before I did my usually laying out of the race clothes, made sure I had the address in my phone, my alarm was set, and I had a good plan for breakfast in the morning. I went to bed feeling more prepared and was ready to get my run on.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and I got up and as soon as I stood up out of bed I felt it. It was like a huge pain shooting in my knee. I knew this was not good and that I was in trouble. I came downstairs after getting dressed and looked in my gym bag for my ace wrap. Now I was starting to get nervous as I had no clue how this race was going to go. I had to finish cause there was a pretty sweet medal to get.


So I drove to the race with my knee on my mind and hoping that I could pull this race off. So when I got there i walked to the start line after checking out the vendors and sat down on the curb and stretched my leg out.


Soon it was time to start the race and i stood in the middle of crowd waiting for the ready.. set..go! Soon we were off!



So off went! After the first half mile I realized that my knee wasnot hurting so I pushed harder and harder. Soon coming around mile 2 I could feel the endorphins kicking in and I was higher then a kite. This was my race and man did it feel good to be back running. i missed it so much. I kept passing person after person and I I kept pulling myself up those stepp hills and their were a lot of hills…A LOT!

Soon I hit mile 3 and i was excited. I could hear the exhaustion in people’s breath as I got closer to them. I was starting to get tired but knew I could not quit. Then I heard the music which is a sign from the running gods that you are close to that finish line. From that point, I went into an all out sprint for the finish line and made it! Race was done!

After I finished the race I got my medal and a beer, which was werid cause I don’t drink but after the morning I had and the win i just acheived I wanted a beer. So I sat on the curve drinking my beer and I posted an after race selfie on Facebook. Soon after that I got a comment from my friend Will.

” You’ve got plenty of time to make it to the 9 AM workout too! Haha, jk… Good job man!”

So after hearing that I finished my beer and got in the car and headed to the gym! Soon I got another picture from my friend Mike.

I arrived at the gym and did the 4th of July workout like a boss which was the following:

“Independence WOD”

For time; (Teams of 2)
7 Rounds, each.
4 Power Cleans @ 185/125
17 Hand release Pushups
Immediately into….
76 Wallballs 20/14

240 Double Unders *720 single-unders

So after all that, I was exhausted but still managed to spend some much needed time with my family. I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July. Mine was awesome.

Next up.. The Yiasou Greek Festival 5K!

Author: tfun2662

I am 30 something year old and I love to write about everything!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: